Why Should You Choose Graphic Designing as a Career in 2019
Ever wondered about a profession where your creative side can come alive? A career in graphic design can be the right call for you. In today’s time, graphic designing happens to be one of the most promising career options to choose from.
Gone are those days when the career options were restricted to typical stereotyped jobs. Now you can break the conch shell barrier of stereotypes and come out of the closet. You can now choose a brilliant career path and explore the options for a career in graphic design in India.
Today, we have witnessed a diverse proliferation and advancement of cutting edge technology. Eventually, it has its infliction on the media and entertainment industry, as well. Currently, almost every media house and designing agencies need expert graphic designers to sustain in the long run.
Therefore, if you have that creative spark in you and want to see your creative side come alive, you should opt for the career options in graphic design. Graphic designers work in close association with the associated team and create visual communication through excellent creative.
Graphic designers work with both text and images. They are responsible for selecting the type, font, size, color, and line length of headlines, headings, and writing. Graphic designers apply their creativity and concoct texts with images to produce brilliant outputs.
And in today’s scenario, there remains an ardent need for graphic designers in the industry out there. Therefore a career in graphic design can let you enthrall with all the vigor and let your creative ideas get its shape. In this article, we will allow you to explore the reasons why should you choose graphic designing as a career option.
Who Can Opt for a Graphic Design Course?
The last question that comes to mind concerning the context is who can be a graphic designer. Or, to be precise, who can opt for a graphic design course? However, the primary criteria happens to be the creative spark in you.
Considering the academics, you need to complete your 12th standard and pursue a bachelor's degree in graphic designing. It is always advised to choose a reputed graphic design institute to pursue your course.
After successful completion of the course, you can easily opt for a career in graphic design, with a plethora of opportunities waiting just around the corner.
Why Should You Choose a Career in Graphic Designing?
A career in graphic design, not only renders a promising future but allows you to enjoy your job. Whenever you join an organization as a graphic designer, you become a part of the creative team.
As a responsible graphic designer, you can make good use of your creative side and add value to the organization you are working for. Also, you can enjoy several sets of benefits as a part of the graphics team, and working in the designation of a graphic designer.
Some noted benefits of choosing career paths in graphic design can is as follows:
- Attractive Pay Package: Do you know that a graphic designer earns no less than a software engineer? When it comes to pay packages, the sky is the limit if you opt for a career in graphic design. As a fresher, you may get a decent paycheque, but it will update and increase with time once your experience starts expanding. Once you get experienced in this field, you will get a steep rise in your salary and get more and more offers from reputed firms. If you have the right qualifications and skills, your expected CTC will never be an obstacle in graphic designing.
- Seamless Career Option: A degree in graphic design will open a lot of opportunities for you. But at the same time, you need to develop a strong portfolio of your work.
Once you build a portfolio, your works itself will earn a brand name for you. With a brilliant collection, you can look forward to a seamless career in graphic design at reputed media houses and big shot organizations.
- Plethora of Opportunities: With a formal degree in graphic design, it opens the gateway to a plethora of opportunities for you. Today, from corporate hubs to media houses, almost everyone needs a graphic designer to cater to the requirements. From advertising to marketing, opportunities knew no bounds when it comes to a career in graphic design. As a graphic designer, you will be responsible for creating corporate identities for various organizations too.
- Challenging & Versatile Work: An essential aspect of being a graphic designer is the versatility of work. A graphic designer faces new challenges and new objectives every passing day. Also, it provides enormous scope to learn new things and inputs with every passing day. A career in graphic design can be the right choice for you if you are open to new goals and challenges every day.
- Job Satisfaction: Today, getting a job is still possible with relevant qualifications. It is observed that several productive employees start to lose their credibility and productivity after a certain period of catering to an organization just because they are not satisfied with what they are doing. However, things are not the same when it comes to a career in graphic design. Besides the attractive pay package and perks, it provides mental satisfaction.
- Go Freelance: As a graphic designer, it is not always mandatory to work under a company in a particular designation. Not only it will yield you satisfaction, but also you will have the liberty to work from your home. After a considerable tenure and experience, you can start your graphic designing agency as well. You can be your boss if you opt for a career in graphic design. This is the best way, perhaps, to make good use of your graphic designing skills, from the flexibility and comfort of your home.
- Work From Anywhere: Graphic designers also have the flexibility to work from any corner of the world. A career in graphic design is versatile. After completing your course, your gateway to opportunities may open beyond the national borders. And in that case, you can quickly get the chance to relocate overseas. Remember that graphic designers pay in foreign countries is even more attractive.
- Make Way to Print Media: Graphic designers have an enormous role to play when it comes to print media. The purpose of a graphic designer is not only about creating an idea and assimilating data, but it also involves a sense of proportion. Also, a graphic designer is directly responsible for creating a pictorial depiction of statistical data. This eventually makes the designation of Graphic Designer as a quintessential part in print media. Be it a leading newspaper, a fortnightly, a weekly journal, or a monthly magazine, a career in graphic design can make your way in print media in a jiffy.
- Break Through The Entertainment Industry: Today, the entertainment industry has witnessed a terrific revamp. There has been an enormous scope for the visual and creative artists in the sector with animation and VFX. The film and entertainment industry to need the input of a graphic designer to create cutting edge creative and frames for motion pictures. Also, the graphic designers can work in close association with the visual and post-production team, while making the final copy of a motion picture. Therefore, a career in graphic design can also let you enthrall through the opportunities of the entertainment industry as well.
- Go Creative, Go Casual: An essential aspect of choosing a career in graphic design is that you need not be in blazer and pinstripes. Most of the workplaces are flexible in terms of dress code and casuals. This flexibility eventually leads you to work more seamlessly, and let your creativity ooze out with all its vigor. Neither your employer nor your client will raise an eyebrow on your professionalism on this ground.
- Move On To Academics: Not always, you need to follow the trend, especially when you can BE THE TREND. You can choose to be a pillar of the industry as an academic trainer, with a career in graphic design. As an educational professional, you can teach the aspiring individuals, and create the future generation of graphic designers, who will take the trend forward. And needless to mention, a handsome salary is just around the corner, if you choose to be a teaching professional in the field and sector of graphic designing.
And thus, as the discussion proceeded above, it renders a crystal clear picture of why should you choose a career in graphic design in 2019. Anticipating the growth and the upcoming golden future, it is indeed a decision worth praising. And also, it opens a plethora of opportunities right away for you.
After completion of a graphic design course, you can look forward to a robust future with flying colors. Your path to achieve further heights in career is just a whiff away, with a career in graphic design.
What are the prospective Jobs related to a degree in Graphic Designing?
As said earlier, a bachelor's degree in graphic designing opens a plethora of opportunities right away. Therefore, whenever you opt for a career in graphic design, your gateway to a golden career path is just around the corner. A comprehensive brief about the job designations you can opt for includes:
- Advertising art director
- Art Worker
- Creative Director
- Graphic Design Executive
- Production designer (for the entertainment industry)
- VFX artist
Do you think that’s where it ends? There is more!
If you think that, that’s all you can do with a career in graphic design, then you are wrong on all accords. A degree in graphic designing is also associated with a lot of augmented career options. So, once you start to improve your skills and plan to look for a career option, a little different, here lies a comprehensive list:
- CAD technician
- Exhibition designer
- Fine artist
- Interior and spatial designer
- Landscape architect
- Medical illustrator
- Multimedia specialist
- Urban designer
- UX designer
Sounds interesting? Then wait no more and walk in the path as discussed above. In today’s job sector, you have the chance to enthrall with your creativity. Make good use of it with a career in graphic design.
Wish you all the best for future endeavors.